Jun 23, 2013

Celebration and drawing gig



 (by: Darryl Z.Oates - digitized charcoal drawing)
(not from event)

At a summer out door celebration of a young man's graduation party arranged by his mother doing portraits of guests. The first portrait I did was of the honored young man, who I discovered was a very decent person, and this time I felt compelled to do more finished job than I usually do so I took more time. I probably did ten or twelve total. The family was a strongly religious West Indian family and most friends that celebrated his accomplishment and continued journey were also form his church. As I drew there was light conversation amongst me and the models. Things like 'how long have you been doing this' from them and 'are you from around here' from me. The host was gracious enough to fix me a plate curried goat, chicken and ribs, rice along with a delicious slice of cake. I was happy that everyone expressed enjoyment in their artistic likeness and it was a pleasant event.

No comments:

Post a Comment