Jul 5, 2013

Art drawing of memorial using pastels

(Bushnell Arch Magic marker and Oil Pastels - by Darryl Z. Oates)


This fourth of July I decided to take my pencils pens to the famed Hartford monument commemorating those Connecticut residents who served in the civil war. I walked around the monument and tried to find figures that would summarize the monument. The figures above were my choices. The statue to left represents the liberation of slaves and the statue to the left is memorial to union soldiers that served and gave their lives.
So many lives, so many untold stories, the saying goes if you don't know your past you won't know your future I encourage all to take a moment and visit the memorial, or another monument near you that tells of American sacrifices and think about the sacrifices and untold stories, happy belated fourth.


Darryl Z. Oates

No comments:

Post a Comment