Jan 10, 2016

A Music Sunday Week Two (The Sinan Bakir Quartet)

A Music Sunday Week Two
 (The Sinan Bakir Quartet)

This Sunday on the second week of the free Sunday music Baby Grand Jazz series at the Hartford Public Library the Sinan Bakir Quartet played. I unlike previous week showed up early enough to sit downstairs at performance level.  There's always a quiet Sunday morning feel in the spaciously tall and aesthetically pleasing atrium. The light feels quiet, and I sense the people are way more relaxed than in a busy work week day. Before the show I talked with regulars and other artist friends, mostly who are photographers about other events, whose showing up where, and I observed and made new social connections.
Sinan Bakir played guitar and Mike Assetta played Bass along with Curtis Torian on drums. They gave a great performance while I meditated on things and drew.
(Below sketches of the band and space)








No comments:

Post a Comment