Dec 23, 2015

Creatures for another World

What?,  that strange and familiar...I once took a ceramics course at a local two year school with an outstanding professor from Sardinia Italy. He was big on teaching his students on  how to fold the clay properly to get the air out and things like trying to get a consistent wall thickness in our pottery. We were tested and took notes in our own notebook of which we were required to keep. He also encouraged us to come up with new designs to explore other possibilities in clay.
That challenge made me think of my high school biology days when we were given the challenge of coming up with imaginary creatures on imaginary planets that had physiology that would help them survive the nature of our pretend planets.
     I tried that mind experiment again in hopes that it help me come up with some new ceramic designs.
Below are the creatures from my ceramics notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment