Dec 26, 2015

The ION Force (a game never made)



         The story line: two orphans who were growing up under rough circumstances on earth are taken away to far reaches of the galaxy to train and become members of the Intergalactic Officer Network (the ION Force).
       Their mission - track down and destroy an escaped and convicted world destroying being called E-Lore. A re-hydrated sea monkey like creature. Their mission will be fraught with many obstacles including those they are sent to save because not only is E-lore is a galactic megalomaniac threat with stolen powers, but he is a charismatic character capable of influencing masses of people to his side.  E-Lore has two goals and that is rule all things or destroy all things.
 
The Genesis of the Game
In the early 2000's I got my hands on a 3d software called Inspire through a college I worked. Inspire allowed an artist or designers to create animation. Fascinated with endless possibilities, and seeing a need and opportunity to bring a diversity to the gaming industry I started developing a story for a game. I bought "Game Development for Dummies" (don't let the title fool you it was some pertinent information in the book smartly done) knowing some programming having spent years engineering I gave it a try.
     Well as far as programming goes one thing that is always said when you write your first one is keep it simple and any attempt to be more involved will lead will lead to so much coding that you won't finish. I didn't heed that advice and never finished, but I did manage to learn how to 3d model create with the software and animate them. Below is my introduction to the never completed game.




No comments:

Post a Comment