Jun 1, 2013

The Hustler


 (Still from movie 'The Mack' - Max Julien and Richard Pryer)

The hustler, no not the stuff of old black exploitation movies I mean finding away to make ends meet financially and hopefully with some profit legally and morally. Today I decided to vend out my skills in downtown Hartford at an out door event selling portraiture. It was a marathon charity in Bushnell Park. I brought my cart, what looks some what like a baby carriage full of necessary supplies, chair, sign, marker, pad, and bottle of water in anticipation of a hot day. I sold work at bargain prices to a few families and some individuals. The vast majority there were oblivious to me and just focused on the marathon. Well not much profit monetarily, but I did manage to make a few connections that may lead to better business.

2 comments:

  1. As Iron Sharpens Iron....
    You are not alone and there is strength in numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your support and wisdom are much appreciated my friend.

    ReplyDelete