Apr 7, 2015

Matt Knowle Quartet at Blackeye's 4-6-15

Went to Sally's Monday, a music spot and watched the young Matt Knowle jazz quartet. I sat with Tom and his wife and JC the photographer. We're so regular there that they reserve a table for us to sit.  I'm the usually the last one there if I decide to go on a Monday. JC negotiated the best angles and spot to snap pics while Tom's wife knitted and he grooved to the song. I sat there and took it all in the music, the pictures on the wall, the people, and the mood as I ate sweet photo fries and sketched. Below are sketches of the quartet Matt Knowles on sax, Oscar Serano on bass, Greg Toro on drums and David Witfield on piano.(Think I got their names right) 



 Matt knoegel playing his sax

Greg Toro on Drums and Oscar Serrano on bass

David Whitfield plays piano while an impromptu
African mask (made in the USA) sets the mood



    No comments:

    Post a Comment